Wednesday 15 August 2012

* Acting from the heart *

To me the most dangerous phrase in any language is;  "We've always done it this way". I am thinking of the many who are still holding their sense of mercy in check for fear of social disapproval, for standing out in the crowd. 

Changing the world begins with the very personal process of changing yourself, the only place you can begin is where you are, the only time you can begin is always now. Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. I can personally testify that the best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies, no excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.  

Choose to align yourself with people who are like-minded, your life is simplified enormously when you don't have to defend yourself to anyone and when you receive support rather than criticism.

As you walk around with this illumination, this beautiful light, you change that which is dark. This is the day your life really begins.  

For me personally the journey of living my truth and acting from the heart began the day I decided to become vegan.


'The fate of animals is of greater importance to me than the fear of appearing ridiculous'  -- Emile Zola

There are simply no more excuses. I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that benefit or are profitable to the human race. The pain we inflict upon unconsenting animals is the basis of my objection toward all of it - that one meal soon forgotten in exchange for a whole life, the cruelty of the dairy industry, the egg and chicken hatcheries, the slaughter houses, the rodeos, the bull runs, the zoos, the pet shops, the cattle farms, the production of foie gras, the hunting industry, the clubbing and killing of so many creatures for their fur, their meat, their fins. My only concern is the suffering which we deliberately inflict upon the voiceless, tormenting those who have never harmed us, and who cannot defend themselves.  I believe we have to Honor them, Love them, Help them, Heal them, but above all else, Free them.

So yes, I am hopeful - not because I am foolishly romantic - my hope is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, kindness. I believe by acting from the heart, by showing compassion, you will not know whose life you actually touched, but the fact is that you unmistakably did. Gentleness and compassion are engulfing our world today, the only question is whether or not you are willing to join the revolution. I believe that if you really want to do something you'll find a way, if you don't you'll find an excuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts: